Branch has a comprehensive school counseling program aligned with the
American School Counseling Association (ASCA) Model designed to address
the needs of our students K-5. School counseling is proactive and
focused on helping remove barriers to academic success by resolving any
academic, social, personal, or emotional concerts that may come up
throughout the school year. The following services are provided by the
students to better understand themselves, deal with interpersonal
relationships, and resolve problems that might interfere with learning.
Crisis intervention is also provided when needed.
Small Group Counseling ("Lunch Bunches")
Students with similar concerns meet and gain skills in problem solving, communicating, and interacting with others.
to reach students in grades K-5. Classroom lessons help foster respect,
responsibility, empathy, and leadership skills. The lessons cover
topics such as:
- Communication skills and cooperating with others
- Listening skills
- Decision making and goal setting
- Tolerance and respect for individual differences
- Personal safety
- Conflict and problem solving skills
- Transition to Middle School (5th grade)
- Study and organizational skills
- College and career awareness