McKinley's Vision Statement
The McKinley School community envisions a strong and nurturing learning environment in which students demonstrate respect for themselves and others. Students meet or exceed established performance standards in all areas. The students have a variety of experiences that broaden their views of the world.
This vision is to be accomplished through:
- a commitment to inspire excellence in each other as individuals and as world citizens;
- staff, community, families and students serving as positive role models;
- a code for student behavior;
- use of community resources to enhance and expand the learning opportunities of students;
- global education with the appreciation and respect for diversity;
- flexible instructional strategies that meet individual student and grade level needs;
- integration of fine arts through curricular and extracurricular activities;
- support of character education;
- appropriate resources for staff development, extracurricular activities, and facilities improvement;
- a homework policy that builds upon classroom instruction;
- regular communication and shared decision-making among families, the community, staff and the administration.