Feb 19-22, 2013
Get ready for KTN! 2013: RHYTHM! For the seventh year, Nottingham Elementary PTA's music education program, Music Masters, is coordinating Knights Take Note! -- An extraordinary event dedicated to enriching Nottingham students' appreciation of music. This year’s musical activities during KTN! week will include:
Nottingham Jams: a.k.a. “Parent Teacher Concert”
· Tuesday, 2/19, 11am-1:15pm
· A Call to all teachers and parents for the popular lunchtime Nottingham Jams! If you play an instrument or sing, we would love to hear you perform during the lunch hour
· If you (and your fellow parent/teacher music lovers) are interested in sharing the fun of music making and performing with the students, please contact Sylvia Chou (email@example.com)
“Open-mic” for students Grades 2-5
· Thursday, 2/21, 7-8:30pm
· Students who play an instrument or sing are invited to sign up to showcase their music-making in a casual, relaxed setting, hot chocolate served! All are invited to attend!
· Details and sign-up forms will be in Friday folders in early February. For any questions, please contact Alan MacEwen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interactive Assembly by Luis Garay Percussion World
· Friday morning, 2/22
· Luis Garay’s percussion ensemble will introduce Nottingham Knights to the rhythms of the Americas and Africa. Argentina-born Mr. Garay is renowned not only for his musical scholarship in classical, jazz and Afro-Latin percussion, but also for his ability to share his excitement for the drum with a young audience.
In addition to these events, we will have daily trivia questions and dedications during morning announcement and additional in-class Music Masters lessons to make it a fun celebration of music. There are lots of volunteer opportunities to get involved. Please keep your eyes and ears open for more information on Knights Take Note! via Friday Folders and Nottingham website.