Randolph celebrates School Library Month with a beautiful cake donated by Leslie Mitchell, Randolph tutor. Also shown are Toby Peabody, Library Assistant, and Carolyn Fleming, Librarian.
Library Mission Statement
The Randolph Library is the heart of the school and provides a wide range of materials that reflect differing points of view, varying levels of difficulty and formats to meet the needs of students and staff. The library program provides learning experiences that encourage students to develop the knowledge and skills of lifelong learners through inquiry.
The library's collection development plan is to provide materials that:
- support the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme and the Virginia Standards of Learning
- meet the needs of varied interests, abilities, learning styles, maturity levels, ethnic backgrounds, and language proficiency
- develop a global perspective to prepare students to live in the world
- assure a comprehensive collection appropriate to the Randolph school community
- encourage growth in factual knowledge, concept development, and appreciation of literature
- promote literacy and enjoyment of reading, viewing and listening
- promote the philosophy of lifelong learning
Carolyn Fleming, Librarian Toby Peabody, Library Assistant