Welcome to the H-B Woodlawn
Music Department Website!
We hope that this website provides you with information about the many programs and activities of our department. Check back often to stay up to date with activities. Be sure to take a look at the Music Calendar to see upcoming trips, due dates and of course performances!
- Congratulations to ALL Music Students on their incredible Fall Concerts!!
- Auditions for this year's musical "How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" are now scheduled for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday after school. For more information about the auditions, please keep reading, or skip to the next update.
Though this production typically is a high school show, especially since so many high schoolers audition, all student regardless of grade level are encouraged to audition. Students who wish to audition, must stay after school on Wednesday. They should be prepared to sing an excerpt, about 16 bars, from a musical theater or Disney piece. They should also bring the sheet music with them so that our accompanist can play for them. Students will also learn some dance moves. All students must also come Thursday after school during which they will perform their dance moves, and read some lines. Friday will be reserved for callbacks. We know that Wednesday is Halloween, but if we don't have auditions then, it will back our rehearsal time up two weeks.
- Citrus Sale Orders are now due - Friday, November 2nd. All students who are participating in this sale must turn in their Tally Sheets, payments, and AFAC Order Forms. For more information, or to download additional forms, please visit the Citrus Page under the Fundraising Section.
- High School All District Chorus Auditions are this Saturday. Please check with your student to see if they signed up, and for which audition block (A - 8:00-10:00, B - 10:00-12:00, C - 1:00-3:00). Auditions take place at Bishop O'Connell HS. Students can use their time off from school to practice for the audition. Go to www.hbmusic.org - Choral Department - Honor Choirs, where they will find the music and practice tracks read to be downloaded.
- Our Silent Auction, Spaghetti Dinner & Jazz Feast is NEXT Monday, November 5th beginning at 6:00pm. This great event is our largest community gathering, a great way to be entertained by our music students, and a most epic fundraiser.
- All music families are asked to send in one box of spaghetti, and one jar of tomato sauce (any type, but NO meat sauce). Please turn those in this week to a music teacher.
- Plan to attend the event!!
- Join the HBW Music E-Mail List! Stay informed with important announcements and events. This is a moderated list and your e-mail address will not be shared. Click here to Sign Up.
Thank you for your support of the HBW Music Program!