T.A.B. is a book club where students read and review new books for the library. The Arlington County Public Library has T.A.B. groups in all five public middle schools and a high school group that meets monthly at the Central Library. At the end of every school year, each school's T.A.B. group votes for its favorite titles from the year. The Arlington Public Library then adds short descriptions to each title and make the lists available in all of its Young Adult areas. They also place gold T.A.B. seals on these books for easy identification. This way you can find out what books other teens liked and what was hot in different schools.
To join Swanson's T.A.B. group, just check with the library staff. You will get to read and review new books from the Public Library and let the grown-ups know what you think. Students must read at least one book for month of any type or length.
T.A.B. Picks! 2007-2008
1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Jeff Kinney
2. Extras - Scott Westerfeld
3. The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
4. Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports - James Patterson
5. Epic - Conor Kostick
6. Twisted - Laurie Halse Anderson
7. Snakehead - Anthony Horowitz
8. The Book of Lies - James Moloney
9. Dragon's Keep - Janet Lee Carey
10. Rash - Pete Hautman
11. Romeo and Juliet (Manga) - Shakespeare