Welcome to the
Washington-Lee Counseling Office
College Application Saturday Help
Counselors will be available the following Saturday's to assist seniors with college application and essay help from 9am-12pm in the Cyber Cafe:
Washington-Lee Counselors Achieve RAMP Recognition
In April 2014, the Washington-Lee High School Counseling Department met the criteria to become a Recognized ASCA Model Program (RAMP) by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA). The American School Counselor Association established RAMP in 2003 to promote exemplary school counseling programs.The designation is awarded to schools that align with the standards outlined in the ACSA national model, which serves as a framework for designing, implementing, and evaluating school counseling programs. This recognition highlights Washington-Lee counselor's commitment to meeting the needs of all students through a comprehensive and data driven school counseling program.
CEEB Code for Washington-Lee High School: 470125
The mission of the Washington-Lee High School Counseling Department is to advocate for the overall success of all students and nurture their academic, personal, social, and career development. In conjunction with Washington-Lee High School’s mission, we strive to provide a safe and caring learning environment for every student while being responsive to his or her unique needs. In partnership with other faculty, parents or guardians, and the community, the counseling staff at Washington-Lee High School seeks to ensure that all students are granted equity and access to resources. We believe in providing a comprehensive guidance program that will equip students with the knowledge and skills they need to become productive and responsible citizens in our world.
We,the counselors at Washington-Lee High School, believe in the following values for all students based on the ASCA ethical standards:
· We believe every student has dignity and worth, can achieve success, and has the ability to reach their full potential, regardless of their race, ethnicity, or background.
· We believe that every student has the right to achieve success through access to our comprehensive school counseling program services.
· We believe all students benefit from support in reaching their academic, career, and social/emotional goals.
· We believe that our school counseling program should incorporate data to support and foster current and future program development and evaluation for all children.
Washington-Lee counselors help students make appropriate personal, career, and educational decisions. In individual, group, or classroom guidance sessions, counselors do the following:
- Encourage each student to develop a positive self-image and appropriate relationships with others.
- Assist students in acquiring decision-making skills to make appropriate educational, career, and personal decisions.
- Assist each student in implementing his or her decisions by facilitating enrollment in appropriate programs, courses, or services.
- Meet annually with each student to review their academic plan consistent with his/her needs.
- Provide information to students and parents about colleges, careers, and vocational schools.
- Provide organizational, study, and test taking skills.
- Provide testing and test interpretation to help students analyze their interests and abilities.
- Serve as integral member of the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and parents to help students achieve their fullest potential in school and life.
- Act as student advocate at all times.