What is the Senior Experience?
The Senior Experience program is a three-week program offered during the final month of the academic year prior to graduation. The Senior Experience aims to facilitate the transition from high school to the "real-world" by fostering work, internship, or volunteer opportunities. Seniors are offered the opportunity to embark on an exciting and unique learning experience that will provide an opportunity to examine the world from another viewpoint. Seniors may expand their interests and abilities in a professional setting, working with mentors who have chosen to share their knowledge, experience, and talents with W-L seniors. Students must accumulate a minimum of 75 total hours at their placement––approximately 25 hours per/week––although they do not necessarily need to align with W-L’s bell schedule. The program allows seniors to:
- explore the relative roles of theory and practice as each relates to a work environment
- relate academics to the work world via career experiences and community service
- gain real life experience to enhance interpersonal and workplace skills
- work with professionals in a variety of workplaces
- give back to the APS and W-L community
For further information on this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 703-228-6234. We look forward to working with you this spring!
Senior Experience Coordinator
Senior Experience Administrator
Senior Experience Administrative Assistant
This webpage contains links to one or more websites that are outside of the Arlington Public Schools network. APS does not control the content or relevancy of these links.