Academics, Appreciation, Accountability and Arts are the four A's of the Drew Model Elementary School program. Academics reflects strong measurable academic growth and achievement for all. Appreciation fosters respect and high expectations for all through strong communication and effective collaboration. Accountability honors the shared responsibility of staff, families and students for student learning. The Arts recognizes the need for innovative and creative learning opportunities that excite and engage children by using literature, poetry, dance, visual arts, music, art history and writing.
The Four A's are integrated throughout our two instructional programs, Model and Montessori. Our Model program incorporates traditional practices serving children age four to grade five. Children of the same age group explore hands-on learning activities through individual, small group and whole class teacher-guided lessons. The Montessori program is based upon Dr. Maria Montessori's philosophy of "educating the whole child." Children age three to grade five engage in learning activities of their own choosing in a multi-age, well-ordered physical environment.
We are a neighborhood, countywide elementary school serving our immediate Nauck neighborhood and Arlington residents across the county.
Drew Model School Offers:
- Multi-age Montessori program for children ages 3-11
- Smaller Age-grouped classes K-5
- Virginia Preschool Initiative (VPI)-Full day program four year old children
- Changing Education Through the Arts partnership with the Kennedy Center (CETA)
- Experienced, Dedicated Faculty
- Classroom Volunteers
- The Drew Model School PTA
- Business Partnerships
- County-Wide Transportation
- Character Education/Peer Mediation Program
- Drew TV Video/Film Production Program
- Drew Coding/Robotics Curriculum
- Young Scholars Program