HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES
FULLY LOADED JAMBALAYA WITH ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE
UNCLE BEN'S® READY RICE® Original Long Grain
1 pouch UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Original Long Grain
1 link Johnsonville® Andouille Sausage
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 small onion, diced
½ green bell pepper, diced
1 rib of celery, diced
2 each cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
1 (14 oz.) can chopped tomatoes, drained
Servings: 2 person(s)
Prep Time: 15 min
Type of Dish: 15-Minute Recipes, Any, Dinner, Fast & Easy, Main Dish
Cuisine: American, Any, Cajun, Creole, Southern
ABOUT THIS DISH
Bring a touch of New Orleans to your kitchen with this classic Creole dish. Thanks to UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® and Johnsonville® Andouille Sausage, its ready in only 15 minutes!
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add onion, pepper, celery and Cajun seasoning and sauté until onions are soft and brown.
- While vegetables cook, heat UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Original Long Grain in microwave according to package instructions.
- Add garlic and sausage to vegetables and cook until sausage has browned.
- Add rice and canned tomatoes.
- Cook until heated thoroughly and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- 4 2-inch wide salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 8 ounces steamed snow peas
- 2 cups heat-and-serve brown rice
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil. Place salmon on prepared sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, butter, mustard, salt and pepper. Carefully spread over salmon pieces, dividing equally.
- Transfer salmon to 325 degree oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with snow peas and rice on the side.
Per serving: Calories 478, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 112 mg, Sodium 303 mg, Carbohydrate 41 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 43 g. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Feel free to substitute other thinly sliced vegetables, such as bell peppers or zucchini. Serve with rice noodles or brown rice.
Provided by www.recipe.com
CRISPY-OVEN FRIED CHICKEN
- ½ cup fat-free milk or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup cornflakes, crumbled
- 1 ½ tablespoons onion powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried hot pepper, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 8 pieces chicken, skinless (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
- A few shakes paprika
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2.Add ½ teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
3. Combine all other spices with cornflake crumbs, and place in plastic bag.
4. Wash chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken into milk and shake to remove excess. Quickly shake in bag with seasonings and crumbs, and remove the chicken from the bag.
5. Refrigerate chicken for 1 hour.
6. Remove chicken from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color.
7. Space chicken evenly on greased baking pan.
8. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for another 30-40 minutes or until meat can easily be pulled away from the bone with fork. Drumsticks may require less baking time than breasts. Crumbs will form crispy "skin."
Note: Do not turn chicken during baking.
Yield: 10 servingsServing Size
: ½ breast or 2 small drumsticks
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Cholesterol 49 mg
Sodium 67 mg
Total Fiber 1 g
Protein 17 g
Carbohydrates 6 g
Potassium 1 mg