Frozen Fruit Sticks w/Passion Fruit & Lime Drizzle
• 100g strawberries, hulled and halved
• 8 seedless grapes
• 100g/4oz mango chunks
• 100g/4oz melon chunks
• 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into chunks
• 100g/4oz pineapple chunks
For the drizzle
• juice 2 limes
• 4 passion fruits, halved and seeds scraped out
• 1 tsp icing sugar
1. Mix the drizzle ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. If you want the sauce to be smooth, pass it through a sieve to remove the seeds, or leave them in if you prefer.
2. Skewer the fruits onto wooden skewers and drizzle the sauce on top, reserving a little for dipping. Pop the skewers in the freezer for 45 mins, until just starting to freeze. Serve with the leftover drizzle.
Saturate fats 0g
Prep time: 20 mins Plus freezing
Servings: Makes 8
Courtesy of Good Food Magazine, 2011
•1 whole Avocado
• 1/2 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
• Rice wine vinegar
• Toasted sesame seeds
• Chopped cilantro
Sprinkle half an avocado with ½ teaspoon each low-sodium soy sauce.
Mash with a fork and eat out of the shell
Nutrition stats: about 120 calories
Courtesy of foodnetwork.com
Salmon with Spinach and Chickpeas
• 3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets, preferably wild sockeye (5 ounces each; 1-inch thick)
• Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
• 5 cups baby spinach (6 1/2 ounces)
• 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut out four 12-by-17-inch pieces of parchment; fold each in half crosswise to form a crease, then open.
2. Pulse parsley, garlic, and oil in a blender or food processor until a paste forms. Season each salmon fillet with 1/8 teaspoon salt and the red-pepper flakes.
3. Rub fish with paste. Divide spinach and chickpeas evenly among 4 parchment pieces, arranging mixture on 1 side of each crease to form a rectangle the size of a salmon fillet; season each pile with 1/8 teaspoon salt and some pepper. Lay 1 fillet on top of each. Fold parchment over ingredients; make overlapping pleats to seal.
4. Bake on 2 baking sheets (2 packets per sheet), 9 to 10 minutes for medium-rare or 11 minutes for medium. Unwrap.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Yield Serves 4
Courtesy of Martha
Stewart Living, March 2011, www.wholeliving.com