Strawberry, Melon, & Avocado Salad
•1/4 cup honey
•2 tablespoons sherry vinegar, or red-wine vinegar
•2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
•1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
•Pinch of salt
•4 cups baby spinach
•1 small avocado, (4-5 ounces), peeled, pitted and cut into 16 slices
•16 thin slices cantaloupe, (about 1/2 small cantaloupe), rind removed
•1 1/2 cups hulled strawberries, sliced
•2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (see Tip)
1. Whisk honey, vinegar, mint, pepper and salt in a small bowl.
2. Divide spinach among 4 salad plates. Arrange alternating slices of avocado and cantaloupe in a fan on top of the spinach. Top each salad with strawberries, drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip:The dressing will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Tip: To toast sesame seeds, heat a small dry skillet over low heat. Add sesame seeds and stir constantly until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
Per serving: Calories: 202
Fat: 8 g (1 g sat, 1 g mono)
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Protein: 3 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sodium: 90 mg
Potassium: 503 mg
Vitamin C (100% daily value), Vitamin A (60% dv), Folate(18% dv).
Exchanges:1 vegetable, 2 fruit, 1 1/2 fat (mono)
Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Frozen Fruit Sticks w/Passion Fruit & Lime Drizzle
• 100g strawberries, hulled and halved
• 8 seedless grapes
• 100g/4oz mango chunks
• 100g/4oz melon chunks
• 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into chunks
• 100g/4oz pineapple chunks
For the drizzle
• juice 2 limes
• 4 passion fruits, halved and seeds scraped out
• 1 tsp icing sugar
1. Mix the drizzle ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. If you want the sauce to be smooth, pass it through a sieve to remove the seeds, or leave them in if you prefer.
2. Skewer the fruits onto wooden skewers and drizzle the sauce on top, reserving a little for dipping. Pop the skewers in the freezer for 45 mins, until just starting to freeze. Serve with the leftover drizzle.
Saturate fats 0g
Prep time: 20 mins Plus freezing
Servings: Makes 8