Unit 8 Objects in the Sky
Big Idea (a broad statement about the science topic we are studying)
The sun warms land, air, and water. The appearance of objects in the sky changes.
Essential Questions (for exploring the Big Idea)
· What can we see in the sky?
· How does the sky seem to change?
· How does the sun seem to move?
Your child is learning about the moon. Do some research together to find out more.
· Together with your child, create a list of questions about the moon.
· Follow through with print and digital research to find as many answers as you can.
· The Moon by Seymour Simon, a highly visual presentation of information about the moon, is a possible source of information.
· Internet sites such as http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/thumbnail_pages/moon_thumbnails.html contain exciting images of the moon and informative captions.
· Share what you’ve learned with other family members!