January - February:
(New) Wed, Jan 23: W-L Band Event for Rising 9th Graders going to W-L @ W-L High School - 6:00-8:30 PM
- Sat, Jan 26 - Honors Band Concert (7th and 8th Grade)
- Thurs-Sat, Jan 31-Feb 2 - All District Band Rehearsal and Concert
- Sat, Feb 9 - Wind Ensemble (Percussion Section) - Virginia Day of Percussion@South Lakes High School-10:00 AM
(New Dates) Wed, Feb 13: W-L Band Auditions for Rising 9th Graders @ W-L High School - 6:00-8:30 PM
- Thurs, Feb 21 - Pyramid Concert (Pre-Assessment)
W-L Audition Details:
-Audition music will go out on Jan 18, and auditions will take place at W-L in the Band Room on Feb 13.
-First come, first served! Arrive early!
The Audition will consist of:
- 20% -2 major scales up to 4 sharps and 4 flats - 1 octave;
- 20% - Chromatic scale - 1 octave;
- 30% - Prepared selection - A March that students will be performing at the District Band Assessment.
If not going to the band assessment, then play a March from the winter concert;
- 30% - Sight reading
Music Department Spring Trips -
- *Fri, Feb 15 - Final Payments Due
Orchestra and Band Events -
- Wed, Feb 20 - Pyramid Concert (Orchestra) @ Yorktown High School
Vocal and Guitar Music Events -
- Wed, Jan 16 - Pyramid Concert (Choral) @ Washington-Lee High School
Swanson Music Department Performs!
We hope you find this website informative and easy to use. Feel free to give us any suggestions on how to make it better by sending an email to the Music Department website manager.