Check out photos of the 2013 SMS Music Department Masquerade Party: https://swansonmasquerade2013.shutterfly.com
New! BAND NEWSLETTER. Take a look at the latest Newsletter of the Swanson Middle School Music Department - Take Note - Spring 2014
Need to order a band uniform? Please complete the attached Band Uniform Order Form and return to the Band/Orchestra Room with your payment. Please make checks payable to Swanson Middle School and note your musician's name on the Comment line.
UPCOMING EVENTS & DEADLINES (Updated 6/4/2014)
- Fri, June 6: Instrumental Concert (Cadet Band, Concert Band, Orchestra & Symphony Orchestra) @ Swanson MS - 7:00 PM
-Concert Band families - Please bring generous amounts of baked goods (cookies, brownies, etc.),
chips (divided into sandwich bag portions), cheese and crackers, or any other "easy to grab" food items.
-Symphonic Band families - Please bring baked goods (cookies, brownies, etc.).
- Mon, June 9: Yorktown Auditions/Clinics for 2014 YHS Marching Band Members (Percussion) @ Yorktown HS - 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Tues, June 10: Washington-Lee HS Jazz Big Band Auditions for Open Slots @ W-L HS - 6:00 PM
- Wed, June 11: Washington-Lee HS Reading Session (mandatory for any incoming freshmen who will be in the WL Marching Band) @ W-L HS - 7:00 PM
- Wed, June 18: 8th Grade Promotion (Selected students from 6th Grade Band) @ Swanson MS
*Jazz Ensemble rehearsal every Tuesday from 2:30 - 4:00 pm
- Wed, Feb 19: Yorktown Pyramid Concert
- Mon-Tues, Jan 13-14: Yorktown HS Choral Auditions @ Swanson MS
Please sign up outside the Chorus Room. Mr. Oliver will hear students vocalize and sing a short perpared song if they have one ready. Each audition will last 5-10 minutes.
-Fri, Jan 17: All-Virginia Chorus Auditions - DEADLINE to submit forms!
Please give your recorded auditions and your $12 check to Mrs. Klontz.
-Fri-Sun, Feb 7-9: Once Upon A Matress Performances
- Fri-Sat, Feb 14-15: District Chorus (for those selected) @ Marshall High School
The participation fee of $37 is payable to Swanson Middle School.
Want to Stay Informed of Swanson Band, Orchestra and Chorus Events?
Join the Swanson Band and Orchestra email lists by sending an email to the following from the email account where you want to receive messages (no subject or message required):