A Tradition of Excellence: The ABCs of Success
Arlington Traditional School is an unique school in Arlington County. The primary emphasis is on a traditional education with a strong academic program based upon high expectations for every student.There is a safe, caring climate of respect and cooperation. Every child, family, and staff member has made an active choice to be at this school and embraces the idea of a traditional education.
Our focus is the ABC's of Success - Academics, Behavior, and Character (trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, citizenship). All who walk through our doors are asked to bring a BIG smile and a GOOD attitude.
Since 1978, Arlington Traditional School has consistently followed a traditional philosophy which includes the following:
- Teacher-guided instruction in self-contained classrooms
- Emphasis on basic education in the academic areas
- Regular homework assigned at all grade levels
- Weekly written summaries of each student's progress
- Promotion based on grade level mastery
- Behavior, dress, and grooming standards
- Weekly assemblies